Pediatric Eye Care from Raleigh to Cary to Wilmington, NC
If you’re a parent, securing the health and safety of your child is probably one of your highest priorities.
As with most health problems, early detection is key to the successful prevention or treatment of serious vision problems in your child. Whether your child is dealing with eye “teaming,” or experiencing difficulty reading or completing schoolwork, you can feel confident that our eye doctors will provide your family with thoughtful, professional care and effective, affordable solutions for all of your child’s vision care needs.
Eye Care Associates proudly offers a large variety of name-brand eyeglasses just for kids — stop by your local vision center in the NC Triangle, Sandhills or surrounding areas to browse our wide selection of metal and plastic frames in fun, bright colors your child will love!
When to Schedule an Eye Exam for Your Kid at Eye Care Associates
Our NC optometrists recommend scheduling a comprehensive eye exam for your child by the age of five. Certain warning signs of vision-related learning problems may indicate an additional need to visit your local Eye Care Associates office.
Does your child...
- Perform below expected levels in school?
- Have difficulty comprehending what he has read, or read slowly?
- Take a long time to finish assignments? Have a short attention span or difficulty staying on task?
- Have difficulty copying from a chalkboard or textbook?
- Become tired after reading?
- Avoid reading or other near-vision tasks?
- Report blurred or double vision with schoolwork or reading?
- Report frequent headaches or eyestrain? Have an eye that turns in or out?
- Blink excessively or rub his eyes during or after close visual work?
- Move his head back and forth instead of just his eyes while reading?
- Frequently lose his place when reading or use his finger as a pointer?
- Make frequent reversals such as "b" for "d", "saw" for "was" or "14" for "41"?
- Have difficulty catching or getting a ball, tying shoelaces or distinguishing right from left?
If you answered “yes” or “sometimes” to some of these questions, it may be time to schedule a vision screening for your child, regardless of when they had their last eye checkup.
Proud Provider of Athletic Eyewear & Vision Tests to Youth Sports Teams in the Triangle & Beyond
Coach or manage a youth sports team? Eye Care Associates provides group vision screenings and comprehensive eye exams to youth soccer teams, little leagues, high school sports teams and more. We are also proud to be the exclusive eye care provider of the Raleigh Youth Hockey Association (RYHA).
North Carolina’s Choice for Family Eye Care Services
Eye Care Associates has been providing friendly, professional pediatric eye care to patients across Central and Eastern North Carolina for more than 30 years. With 25 locations in Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Wilmington and surrounding areas, you’re sure to find an Eye Care Associates vision center in close proximity to where you shop, work or live.
Eye Care Associate’s professional optometrists are proud to provide quality vision care to children in Aberdeen, Burlington, Cary, Chapel Hill, Durham, Garner, Holly Springs, Knightdale, Louisburg, Raleigh, Wake Forest, Wilmington, Zebulon, NC and all surrounding areas.